[Trainer-Talk] Reassigning a Windows Shortcut Key in Windows 10

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Tue Jan 14 04:05:45 UTC 2020

Dear Barbara,

This might seem a bit strange to me. I am wondering if that might be a screen reader issue?

THERE are ways to change key mappings in both JAWS and NVDA, even in Narrator. Unless that was done, there isn't really a way to change key bindings natively on Windows. What Windows version are you using? Which screen reader? Which version? Since when has this issue occured? I would restart that screen reader, or the computer, see if it helps. I would also try and do a System Restore on the PC to last time ALT+f4 worked perfectly. Otherwise I feel as though this is rather strange, unless someone in here with deeper knowledge of the inner workings of Windows may know of something.

Hope it helps and good luck!

Humberto

“Positive thinking leads to a positive attitude which leads to positive actions which lead to positive outcomes.”
— ME