[Trainer-Talk] Effectively using recipes on iPhones with VoiceOver

Nancy Coffman nancy.l.coffman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 00:54:55 UTC 2020

Hello:

I am now teaching technology in our training center at the Nebraska Commissionfor the Blind. We are looking for ways to access recipes effectively using iPhones. We also have some students using Android.

Most of the recipe apps are littered with ads. the notes app doesn't seem to allow a user to navigate well without it reading more than can be absorbed at once, especially in the ingredients. Ideas are appreciated.

one ding I am going to mess with is Google Assistant. It works great on a smart speaker but I don't know if it works as well on the phone.

Thanks.

Nancy Coffman

Sent from my iPhone