[Trainer-Talk] Thursday 7/16, 2 PM Eastern: Join us for our annual Trainers' Division meeting

Chancey Fleet chancey.fleet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 19:48:45 UTC 2020

Please join us tomorrow, Thursday July 16, from 2:00 to 5:00 PM Eastern
Daylight Time for the annual National Federation of the Blind Assistive
Technology Trainers' Division meeting.
Current and aspiring tech trainers: this is your chance to gather for
professional development, networking, and fellowship. We'll explore what it
takes to become a great trainer, how to help our students build sustainable
digital literacy skills, and strategies for remote training.
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93952615835

Agenda
2:00: Welcome, overview of our agenda, introduction of our division board
2:10: Product assessment and evaluation: a perspective from Access World
with Aaron Preece, American Foundation for the Blind
2:25: Microsoft Teams and Office 365: vital accessibility info for
trainers, with Anita Mortaloni, Microsoft
2:55: Networking round: get to know fellow trainers
3:20: Break
3:30: Strategies and resources for remote tech training, a panel moderated
by Erin Lauridsen with Angela Fowler, Amy Mason, Jim Portillo and Chancey
Fleet
4:00: GSuite and Google Classroom accessibility updates and resources, with
Roger Benz, Google
4:30: Business meeting
5:00: Adjourn