[Trainer-Talk] accessible screen casting software

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 26 17:53:04 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well in these hot summer days.
I’m planning to record my screen to show demos, products I like,  or meetings from zoom.

Are there any accessible screen casting software? I need one to work with Windows and Jaws.
Also in Microsoft applications, can you screen shot with jaws? If so, how do you know what the screen shot is of?
Do you just open up word and type something, for instance, and then hit the screen shot button to capture what you wrote? Then, where can you put your screen shot? In emails? Powerpoint?
Does screen shot feature capture your current window including the menus and ribbons?

If you suggest a software
, do the software allow you to use your voice while capturing your screen? I know I could not film myself without a full out video recorder and working webcam. However, I was hoping to record my voice along with the screen presentations.
I’ve read good things about Screen Cast and I Spring but I don’t know if that is accessible.

I read a list of software ideas here:
https://blog.elearningbrothers.com/top-10-screen-recording-software-for-windows

Any ideas would be helpful. I hope there is something out there with simple features and ideally keystroke commands.

Thanks!

Ashley