[Trainer-Talk] Android email list

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Thu Nov 19 17:03:50 UTC 2020

Hello Stancil:

You wrote:

"I have a new lead line young man who has an android phone is their email
list for blind android users?"

Yes, there are, but they are not all similarly situated.  In my view, one
that may be wrong depending on who's interpreting it, the most authoritative
mailing list is one called ANATAD.  ANATAD equals Android News, Apps, Talks
& Deals!  This list is HARDLY EVER MODERATED, each person is expected to
police himself/herself.  No holes barred, you can ask questions about iOS,
Mac, Windows, Linux, etc. in a civil fashion.  Tempers can and do sometimes
flare, but that HAS NOT happened in quite a spell.  Members span the globe
and are pretty helpful and extremely knowledgeable.  To subscribe, send a
blank message to:

anatad+subscribe at googlegroups.com

Oh, the list also has a podcast; it used to be known as ANATAD Podcast, but
the name recently changed to Blind Tech Guys podcast.  Read more about it
here:

>https://www.blindtechguys.com/

Another Android mailing list is called Android Accessibility.  It, in my
view, is much stricter content wise.  To subscribe, send a blank message to:

androidaccessibility+subscribe at groups.io

You also wrote:

"Also what is the best accessible OCR app for android?"

No such thing as THE BEST ANYTHING in Androidville!  There are FAR TOO MANY
APPS to play with, you choose the one you fill most comfortable with.  Some
of the OCR apps are free, some cost a few pennies, others require a
subscription.  My buddy and brother, Mr. Raul Gallegos, already talked about
Envision; this one does require a subscription, check the Play Store for
more details.

Popular free apps include:  Speak! (NOTE: DO NOT OMIT THE EXCLAMATION MARK
IN THE APPS NAME when you go searching at the Play Store) from High Mountain
Tools; Google LookOut if your client's toy's Android OS can support it.
SullivanPlus; has many functions.  I haven't given it enough spin, but it
might work for your client with minimal hassles.

A paid app ported over from the iOS side is Voice Dream Scanner.  Two other
subscription-based apps include Eye-d Pro and Supersense.  These
subscription-based apps may have FREE PLANS with limitations.  All of these
apps are available at the Play Store.

I trust the foregoing is somewhat helpful.  if you or your client has
additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.  All the
very best with your client's journey into the exciting fun world of Android!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado