[Trainer-Talk] using Google Sites with screen readers

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Fri Oct 2 21:56:46 UTC 2020

Hi all. I have a client who needs to work with Google Sites for a few of
her college projects. While Google says there is keyboard access to
Sites, the accessibility development seems very basic at best. Does
anyone have thoughts as to how to work with Google Sites to add, modify,
and review content? I already know how to use Google Drive, Docs, and
Sheets with NVDA, Jaws, and Voice Over, so am aware of the basics like
not using the virtual navigation and trying to use hot keys wherever
possible. Not even typing ALT+Slash from Windows for a command search
seems to work.

Thanks.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer and Consultant: RGA Tech Solutions
(832) 639-4477  |  training at rgats.com

"Any teacher that can be replaced with a computer, deserves to be." --
David Thornburg