[Trainer-Talk] Dots 7 and 8 at bottom of braille display

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Thu Oct 22 20:04:49 UTC 2020

Hi, press INS+6 to go to the settings center. Press CTRL+SHIFT+D to choose default settings so they are set to global. Now, tab to the tree view and type B so Braille section is selected. Right arrow to expand it, then move down through the settings. I don’t have Jaws up in front of me right now, but it will be in the tracking and highlight. Selected is on by default. You will want to turn that off and this will not use dots 7 and 8 when items are selected, like on the desktop or a file explorer window. If you can’t find it, let me know and I can give you the exact area, but this should at least get you there.

Good luck.

Raul A. Gallegos
President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
Vice President: National Federation of the Blind Houston Chapter

rgallegos at nagdu.org  -  (832) 554-7285

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." - Kenneth Jernigan