[Trainer-Talk] Accessible, gamified coding platforms

Asanda Pavlacka asandapav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 19:19:02 UTC 2020

I’m looking to see if anyone has any experience with any particular platforms out there teaching computer coding with a gamified methodology implemented in the teaching process. this would be for a high school aged student. The interest is to learn some basic coding, web development, and ultimately even some video game creation.
 A lot of the platforms I have found are paid platforms and that’s not real easy to make a quick assessment on without spending the money for each to find out. I did log on to code academy which is free, and so far the iOS application it’s not all that accessible.  Logging on through a Windows computer  it’s still pretty inaccessible with a screen reader. Each method has its own hangups and inaccessibilities.