[Trainer-Talk] Need help recording Zoom meetings on Mac

Brad Snyder wbsjr at swbell.net
Sat Sep 19 14:52:04 UTC 2020

I use Zoom on a Mac and have recorded Zoom meetings locally without the issue you describe.
Meetings I have recorded are in a M4A audio format, or MP4 video format.  Both of these file types can be played on QuickTime Player, which should be included on every Mac.  There should be no conversion process involved.
As an alternate to QuickTime Player, these files can be played using iTunes (or the new Music app if using Catalina), or you can download VLC for Mac.
Locally recorded Zoom meeting files are saved in  a Zoom folder in the Documents folder on your Mac, and are organized by date and time of the recording.

You may also want to review the Recording Preferences in the Zoom Preferences, though I have never altered anything here from the defaults.

Beyond this, I can’t offer any other help.

- Brad -