[Trainer-Talk] Blackboard accessibility with a Mac

Suzanne Erb suzerb1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 21:23:41 UTC 2021

If I were your student, I would  be sure to read the documentation carefully.  I this it is at least somewhat accessible.  I tried it a few years ago, and it was somewhat accessible then.  I did use VoiceOver.  But, remember, even if the platform is accessible, if the material that the instructor uses is not accessible, that would still be a problem.
	You can not assume that it is accessible on the Mac, just because it is accessible using jAWS on Windows.

It is possible to test your system.  If the student is thinkable to do so, learninglearing how to evaluate a platform or software for oneself is an important skill to learn.  If s/he is a postsecondary student, I thik it is important to develop that skill.
Good luck to you and your student.
Best,
Suzanne Erb, M.S., CESp