[Trainer-Talk] Braille display does not show actions on selected item in Voiceover

nedgranic at gmail.com nedgranic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 15:41:39 UTC 2021

Hi Scott,

Thank you for such an elaborate reply!  Totally agree with your reasoning:
"Actions available" was even once an option that had to be turned off
manually in some previous versions of iOS due to its annoyance.  However, I
think you did not understand my question fully, and I may had not been clear
enough.
To quote your statement: "... press space with dot 3 or space with dot 6. If
I don't see something like "delete" or "reply to post" I know there are no
actions available."
And that's the issue: e.g., as we flick down (with space and dot 6), nothing
shows on the display even though VoiceOver is announcing available "actions"
like "Delete", "Clear", "More info", etc.
The workaround I found is to press space with n where the last spoken
message is readable, but it's unreliable and adds to the confusion - not to
speak of redundancy.
I'll try to do more research for, such a common task without feedback in
Braille does not make a lot of sense.

Thanks again!

Ned