[Trainer-Talk] Favorites in Edge

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Sat Jan 30 12:16:33 UTC 2021

>From my historical documents, I have this suggestion from Curtis Chong.
---
"From Curtis Chong:
Greetings:

The procedure I use for managing website favorites works across all of the Windows browsers I have worked with over the years: Internet Explorer, Mozilla
Firefox, Google Chrome, and (now) the new Microsoft Edge. Here it is.

First, I created a folder within My Documents called Favorites. There is nothing magical about the name of the folder. You can call it anything you like.
This is where you would store any Favorite that you create.

Second, using Edge or any other browser, go to the web page for which you would like to create a favorite or shortcut. Press ALT+D or CTRL+L (it really
doesn't matter) to move the focus to the address bar. Since the URL contained in the address bar is already highlighted (selected), press CTRL+C to copy
the URL to the Windows Clipboard.

With File Explorer, open the Favorites folder you have created. Press
CTRL+SPACE a couple of times to ensure that nothing is selected. JAWS
CTRL+ should
tell you when the line item is not selected.

Now, press Shift+F10 to open up a context menu and up arrow to New. Press right arrow to open the submenu and press down arrow to Shortcut. Press Enter.

Paste the URL you copied earlier into the edit field and tab once to type a name for the Shortcut. Then, press Enter.

That's all there is to it. Any time you want to manage or go to a favorite, use File Explorer first to locate the favorite and then press Enter to activate
it."
----

I also put a short cut to the favorite directory on my desktop.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03 at outlook.com