[Trainer-Talk] Jaws input questions on Focus 40 blue fifth gen braille display

nikpetersson at blindmast.com nikpetersson at blindmast.com
Thu Jul 1 18:52:57 UTC 2021

Hi Jason and happy Thursday.

Working with the Focus 40 5th gen an JAWS is a great experience once you work out the process.

The Windows-d command is created by pressing cord, 8, 4 release and then the letter d.  The cord with dot 8 indicates to JAWS that you are going to create a "modifier" command and by including the dot 4 you are adding the windows key and then you let go and add the letter d to the command.

Along the same lines, press cord, 8 and dot 2, let go and then press letter t to get Jaws key and t to hear current application title.  Please refer to the JAWS and braille input cord commands under the jaws help section.

To get the search box by pressing the Windows key by it self press "right shift and dot 4" and for alt+tab press left shift+dots 4, 5.

I have also attached a PDF copy of the list of braille display input commands for the Focus 5th gen.  Keep in mind this is copied from the JAWS help section, JAWS and refreshable braille, Focus braille displays, braille display input.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like additional information.

Kind regards, Nik.

Nik Petersson
Senior Accessibility Consultant
Miles Access Skills Training LLC