[Trainer-Talk] Jaws input questions on Focus 40 blue fifth gen braille display

JASON ALAMILLO leadershipjba at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:51:57 UTC 2021

Hello all. I just had a question on the focus 40 fifth generation braille display. I’m looking at the online userguide with all the Jaws input commands on the focus 40, but there are a couple of items I do not see on it. Firstly, I am not sure how to perform the windows D function with the display Perkins keys to go to the desktop. Next, I can’t figure out how to press the key combination to perform the windows key function, the one that takes us to the search bar to search for all of our apps. Lastly, I am not able to simulate an alt tab on the Perkins keyboard. Do any of you know what any of these keystrokes are or if they do or don’t exist? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.