[Trainer-Talk] Using virtual ribbon menus in JAWS

JASON ALAMILLO leadershipjba at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 08:27:12 UTC 2021

Hello Kelsey, I have to agree with Raul and Brad on this one. Yes it is useful to use the virtual ribbons on Jaws, but the thing is and I’m not going to say this as great as Raul did, you never know when either Freedom Scientific will change things around, or change hotkeys and their mechanics and functions, or take them away. For me I don’t want to set them up for failure in the future if another version of Office is released, they buy it, and then that hotkey they use to simulate a Word function doesn’t work. I personally will also, as Raul does, teach them to use the ribbons on word, or any other thing like that before I go and teach them something like the Jaws virtual ribbons menu. I will also teach them that, but that is if they want to, and if they do, like Raul said, I always give the disclaimer we have all talked about. Sorry if I’m rambling on, but I just wanted to give you some input.