[Trainer-Talk] Using virtual ribbon menus in JAWS

Reginald George adapt at kc.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 13:26:46 UTC 2021

I also much prefer to use the virtual ribbon menus. Even though it breaks the hotkeys. But many people that I know never get those hot keys memorized. I think the virtual ribbons make things much easier to find and I much prefer navigating with my arrows, than with the tab key.
All that being said, I am old school. I at least think that we should give people the choice. For new and younger students that never really experienced old-school menus, and now everything is expandable tool bars and that type of thing, Traditional  menus probably aren’t coming back. So maybe not using the virtual ribbons is better. I just do what works for me.  It’s really hard to say.

Reg
Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans. Alan Saunders, John Lennon
Sent from my self driving starship!