[Trainer-Talk] screen monitor

Raul Gallegos rgallegos at nagdu.org
Thu Jun 24 22:47:06 UTC 2021

One of my favorite tricks to tell whether a monitor is on or not is using
the light probe for $20 that can be purchased from the nfb independence
market. This is an ugly little contraption that makes a sound when it
detects light. The nice thing about this probe is that it is sensitive
enough that you could even use it for the small LEDs of appliances. We have
used it before to detect which light is on with the dishwasher for example.
In the case of a monitor, if the monitor is power light is on, this probe
will be able to tell you. Additionally, you could put the probe up to the
monitor screen and many times it will also indicate if light is on.