[Trainer-Talk] Having trouble figuring out how to change my display name in Outlook 365.

Brian Vogel britechguy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 23:21:15 UTC 2022

Kat,

Try this.  I used Outlook 2016, but I do not think anything about these
basic functions has changed in later versions, including M365.

ALT + F, I  [File Backstage View, Info Option]
S [Account Settings]
Then navigate to Account Name and Sync Settings in the menu that comes up
In the dialog that appears afterward, the General Settings will include
"Your Name" first, which will be pre-populated with your email address
rather than the name you want to appear on messages.  That's what you want
to change.  If, by chance, you want to change how that account is listed in
Outlook, then you can change the Account Name that follows Your Name.  It,
too, will be prepopulated with the email address.
Activate the Next button when done, then in the next dialog box, which
should tell you "Account Successfully Updated," activate the Done button.
After that closes, hit Escape to go back to the main Outlook screen, most
likely your email.

Brian