[Trainer-Talk] Agenda: Assistive Technology Trainers' Division, July 7, In Person and Online

Chancey Fleet chancey.fleet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:38:06 UTC 2022

Assistive Technology Trainers Division

July 7, 2022 In-person (Gallery 4) with remote participation (see below)

Current and aspiring tech trainers: join us for professional development,
networking, and fellowship. We’ll explore what it takes to become a great
trainer, how to help our students build sustainable digital literacy
skills, and strategies for remote training.

Chancey Fleet, President

A note from your board: In-person attendance is strongly encouraged, but we
understand that some members may need to participate online. As per
guidance from the NFB’s Board of Directors, official business (including
elections) must be conducted onsite. However, hybrid participants will be
welcome using this link:

https://nypl.zoom.us/j/81991354219?pwd=m4dhzjosfr5jPiDbG3BrNF8IBrXRGV.1

Meeting ID: 819 9135 4219

Passcode: Ks9YCS

One tap mobile

+16694449171,,81991354219# US

+16699006833,,81991354219# US (San Jose)

1 PM: Registration and networking (in-person): dues $5: exact change
appreciated!)

1:50: Zoom opens for hybrid participants

2 PM: Call to Order

2:10: Structured Discovery and Collaborative Approaches to Assistive
Technology Education: Brett Boyer

2:40: Updates from Vispero: Rachel Buchanan

3:00: Developing a New Certification for Assistive Technology Trainers:
Edward Bell

3:30: Teaching and Learning Web Extensions: Chancey Fleet

3:45: Updates to Narrator, Onboarding and Documentation Experiences:
Microsoft

4:05: Elections and New Business

5:00: Adjourn