[Trainer-Talk] Looking for step-by-step directions in regards to fixing outlook 2013/2016 to work with to step authentication and my Braille Sense 6.

Brian Vogel britechguy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:45:10 UTC 2022

Kat,

Outlook 2013 is capable of using modern authentication methods but only
after a registry edit is made.  For some reason they have it turned off by
default.  I have attached the text version of that file which needs to be
renamed to have a dot REG extension rather that .TXT and then run by
activating that file.

Outlook 2016 is already capable of using modern authentication methods.  If
you have been accessing your email using IMAP or Exchange protocols (and
this would apply under Outlook 2013 after the registry tweak), you are
better off deleting the existing account(s) and creating them anew.  That's
the beauty of IMAP and Exchange protocols - all messages are stored on the
server and you lose nothing when you delete an account from any given email
client or when you decide to dump one email client for another.

As to your Braille Sense 6, I would contact the manufacturer about the
appropriate way that should be set up.  I suspect you will need to use an
application specific password.

Brian