[Trainer-Talk] excel

Brian Vogel britechguy at gmail.com
Tue May 3 00:08:18 UTC 2022

I have never seen (and I mean that literally) anything exactly like you
describe, but I have to believe it's the Comment function to which you're
referring.

If a cell has no comment, bringing up the context menu via right click,
SHIFT + F10, or the applications/menu key followed by M for the comment
function will let you enter whatever you like to be associated with the
cell, but not shown in it.

If a cell already has a comment, the comment box will show up as a pop up
next to the cell with a line that visually connects the pop-up box to the
cell with which it's associated.

If a cell already has a comment, and you bring up the context menu, if you
wish to Edit it you hit E and (believe it or not), if you want to delete it
the M shortcut is used again.  The M shortcut is akin to a toggle, adding a
comment if none exists, and deleting one if it already exists.

Brian