[Trainer-Talk] Data validation

Matthew Bullis mbullis at seeitourway.org
Sat Oct 8 05:24:55 UTC 2022

Although we’re using Office 2021, it shouldn't be that different, so be sure to move the right arrow across the tabs, such as settings, input message, and output message. To access the list of data you've wanted to validate within a cell, use alt down arrow, and you'll find the list, then press enter on your choice. If you choose a list validation while setting one up, be sure to separate the requested values with a comma and a space. You'll most likely want to uncheck the input message in that particular tab, since you probably don’t want it bugging the user whenever they move to a cell. An error or explanation message in the output tab should be fine.
Matthew