[Trainer-Talk] Microsoft Teams help needed

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 19:01:54 UTC 2023

Hello, I am in need of some assistance with Microsoft Teams. Recently, Microsoft released an update to Teams which seems to have broken accessibility. While I can access private chats ′control plus 2 on the Teams desktop app which is what we use′ and alt down arrow works to cycle between them, when trying to access the chats for my immediate team, our office chat, and the group for our whole department, JAWS will not cycle between them with alt down arrow as it did in the past. As a result, my teammates have had to relay information to me that gets posted in one of those larger team chats. They are happy to do it, but it shouldn't be necessary. my manager is very much about equal access and wants me to be able to do the same things sighted coworkers do, although a bit differently. has anyone ran across this issue with Teams and if so, have you found be solution that doesn't involve installing special scripts or having custom scripts written?
Sent from Kelsey Nicolay’s iPhone