[Trainer-Talk] Pairing Humanware eReader to android

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 22 15:22:53 UTC 2023

Chris,
That is good to know.
I'm an NLS patron and when I volunteer to teach technology occasionally, I
wondered whether to recommend the new braille device.

Well, that is bad news as most patron users seem to have IOS.
What device did you attempt to pair and to what IOS device?
There are two braille display devices being loaned out based on where you
live. I think most locations are getting the Humanware device.
Actually I see the original question was posed by Nancy using the Humanware
kind.

The end device?
Iphone probably. Also what IOS version were you using?
I am wondering if maybe you could not  pair it because of an old IOS
version. Maybe you have to have the latest IOS software? I don't know.

Does the braille E reader work well as a stand alone device?
How long does the battery last?
I was also wondering if you could use the internet on it and download
directly to the device or should you download books to an sd card using a
computer?
Did you report your problems to NLS?
I'm hoping they received feedback and are working to improve the device.
After all, if it does not work well, then tax payers have wasted money
paying for it.

Ashley