[Trainer-Talk] trying to disable an Elan Clickpad on an HP Pavilion laptop Model 15-CS1031NR

Brian Vogel britechguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 04:00:45 UTC 2023

Don,

I suggest, strongly suggest, just masking it off.  I do this all the time
so that access to the real left and right click hard buttons remains, but
the trackpad can not be interacted with.

I generally cut a piece of cardboard, and it need not be thicker than most
folders are, in the appropriate size and tape the left edge down and create
a "peel up" capable tape flap on the right.  This makes it easy to flip
open access to the trackpad when someone else is assisting, and we all know
that does happen.

Brian