[Trainer-Talk] remote Jaws workshops or classes offered at centers for the blind

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 19 05:17:49 UTC 2023

Hi all,

As technology changes, which it is now as people migrate to Windows 11, we
need to keep up our skills. I'm sure the trainers here had to learn the new
systems to then train your students or clients on them.

Which centers for the blind, privately run, offer remote instruction for
Jaws either as a workshop series or small group class?

I'm especially interested in those on the eastern standard time zone. Does
Carroll center for the blind offer remote classes? If so, is any of it free?

I am aware that some lighthouses for the blind offer virtual seminars,
usually via zoom, on specific technology topics. But they are often a one
time event and often are heavy on demonstration rather than step by step
teaching a task or skill.

Thanks.

Ashley