[Trainer-Talk] video editting software for free or low cost

Christopher Nusbaum cnusbaum at imagemd.org
Tue Sep 19 15:36:18 UTC 2023

Hi Ashley:

The only truly accessible Windows-based editor I know of that can work with
video is Reaper. Many blind audio engineers, broadcasters, musicians, and
podcasters use Reaper to get professional-quality audio content, and I have
heard of some people using it to edit video. I've had some personal
experience editing audio with Reaper, but not video, and I'm not sure how it
works with the visual elements.

Keep in mind that, in order to use it with JAWS, you need to download Osara,
an extension that makes Reaper usable with screen readers. For more
information, check out the Reaper accessibility wiki:
https://reaperaccessibility.com/wiki/Getting_Started

Hope this helps!

Chris