[Trainer-Talk] Regarding Braile Embossers

Matthew Bullis mbullis at seeitourway.org
Thu Feb 1 05:12:19 UTC 2024

Hi, I saw your same message on the jfw list, so here is my same reply, in case the info helps those here in this list:

Funnily enough, I was researching this question the other day as well, and I found the embossers from Irie AT. The one I was researching and was most interested in is called the Braille Buddy. It's $1499, and it comes with software that helps you get a word document into the embosser. Although it's a single-sided embosser, it can use tractor-fed paper or single sheets one at a time. It does graphics, and has some levels of dot heights. As far as I can tell, that's the least expensive embosser out there. It can use an optional add-on accessory called the Braille 2 go, which lets you emboss right from your iphone or Android. I think they may still have a special where that device is free for a limited time, but otherwise that accessory is about $300. There is a Youtube webinar about the Braille Buddy from the company and one of its users, if that will be helpful.
Matthew