[Travelandtourism] Taking a cruise to Alaska

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Fri May 1 16:27:22 UTC 2009

I have a couple questions for anyone on the list who might be familiar with
regulations, now.

My husband and I have taken two previous cruises to Alaska.  This time, in
August, we're going with a group on Carnival.  My husband has a guide dog.
Carnival asks for health information and a certificate indicating Ralph,
(the dog) has had all his vaccinations.  But, our travel agent said we also
need an International Health certificate for Ralph.  We are flying from
Washington, DC, to Seattle, and then, from Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska.
Coming back, we'll be going through Vancouver, BC.  We've never needed an
international health certificate, before, when going through Canada...just
the vaccination certificate.  So, is this something new?  Do we get the
international health certificate from the vet, or somewhere else?

Thanks.

Cindy

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then...find the way."
Abraham Lincoln