[Travelandtourism] traveling to Florida

Linda Linda777 at insightbb.com
Sat May 2 00:39:25 UTC 2009

Hi Tatyana,
I was just in Florida to see my mom as she had a couple of strokes.  We used
to live in West Palm Beach for six years.  The ocean is wonderful.  Hope you
get a chance to go in it.  My advice though, if you do go, is not to go in
above your waist as the waves come pretty high, and there can be an
undertow.  One time I went in deeper with a friend, up to my chest, and
needed her help to get me back because the undertow was stronger than I was.
The ocean is really wonderful though.

I am interested in learning about the ACB chapters around West Palm Beach
and Deerfield Beach, or maybe even Fort Lauderdale.  I may be going back to
Florida to the convention in Orlando, but, even if I don't get to the
convention, I will want to see my mom again.  Her health is definitely
failing, and she is such a wonderful, sweet person.  Talking to her on the
phone can't be compared to being there.

I hope you get to feel lots of beautiful plants.  Florida has such wonderful
different shapes of leaves, and you can feel different trees too.  I think
they feel beautiful, even though I can't see them.

If anyone can help me get acquainted with some of the Florida blind folk in
the West Palm, Deerfield Beach, Boca, area, no matter what organization they
belong to, that would be great.  I have gone to two NFB conventions and have
very much respect for that organization too.
Linda