[Travelandtourism] Southwest Airlines and Customers of Size

Peachtree Travel info at peachtreetravel.net
Tue Apr 27 14:16:34 UTC 2010

Peter:

You will probably never know if that seat was blocked off for your dog on
that trip.  It could be as simply as flight wasn't full or someone who
originally was assigned that seat decided or requested to sit some where
else.

Maurice

Independent Travel Consultant
http://www.Peachtreetravel.net
1-888-831-3180
Reservations at peachtreetravel.net

----- Original Message ----- Hello Cindy and everyone,

    Just one reminder. There was a guide dog in the picture and that
shouldn't be forgotten. Recall that the original post contained Southwest's
policy concerning the carriage of assistance animals including guide dogs.
The policy states that the dog may occupy the passenger's floorspace and the
floorspace of the adjacent seat. Many times when I've flown with my dog I've
been the only passenger in the row. Last summer this was true on two legs of
the flight. One of our other chapter members accompanied me in the row
during the remaining flight segments. There was still an empty  seat that I
assumed had been blocked off so my dog Johnny would have more room. If
Southwest indeed blocked off that seat why should they turn around and
expect me to pay for it? Had I not had Johnny with me I would need to pay
for the second seat or fly on another airline.