[Travelandtourism] Southwest Airlines and Customers of Size

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 27 18:03:05 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

    And it's that uncertainty that has me very suspicious of these seating
policies for large passengers. None of this happened when we flew on Delta
last November. This is an actual case in point of the problems large
passengers are now facing not unlike one airline that respected a guide dog
users wish to sit in a non-bulkhead row while another demanded that said
passenger sit in the bulkhead row. When the passenger failed to comply they
were ruffed up and halled off of the plane by the police. Guide dog users
never knew what to expect and on occasion still encounter such treatment
despite passage of the ACAA. One would think that the airlines would be
doing a far better job of disability awareness training with their flight
crews making the occurrence of such incidents practically nonexistent. Other
types of passengers are now fighting the same type of battles. Again study
the history of the NFB's dealings with the airlines and government agencies
to help you make the connection. All the best.

Peter Donahue