[Travelandtourism] Amtrak

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 17:23:28 UTC 2010

no guides are free

>From the Amtrak website.

How to Make Reservations
Presently, we do not offer the ability to reserve accessible space on
Amtrak.com. Instead, please make reservations for accessible accommodations
through any of the following means:

By telephone: Please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245). Agents are
available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.By TDD/TTY: Please call
1-800-523-6590. Agents are available from 5 am to 1 am EST, seven days a
week.At an Amtrak ticket counter: Ticket agents at staffed stations can sell
tickets during regular ticket office hours. Please call 1-800-USA-RAIL
(1-800-872-7245) for details.When Reservations Are Required
To ensure that you get the space and accommodations you require, you must
make a reservation for any of the following:

Wheelchair spaceTransfer seats (for when you travel in a seat and stow your
wheelchair)Accessible sleeper accommodationsWe require that you make
reservations for such accommodations on all trains, including on "unreserved
trains" (on which reservations for ordinary seats are not required).

Accessible space is limited. Please make your reservation as far in advance
of travel as possible.

Who May Reserve Accessible Accommodations
Up until 14 days prior to the departure of each train from its origin city,
reservations for accessible bedrooms may be made only for passengers who are
mobility impaired.

After this period, and if all other Deluxe and Family bedrooms have been
reserved, accessible bedrooms are made available to all passengers on a
first-come, first-served basis. For this reason, we urge you to make your
reservations as far in advance of travel as possible.

Details About Discounts
Amtrak offers a rail fare discount to passengers with disabilities. To
receive the discount you must book your reservation by telephone or at a
ticket counter. Sorry, discounts are not available when you book online.

You must also provide written documentation of disability at the ticket
counter and when boarding the train.

Acceptable documentation includes:

Transit system ID cardMembership card from a disabilities organizationLetter
from a physicianYou may not combine this discount with other discount
programs. Please ask your reservations sales agent for further details about
restrictions.

How to Get Your Tickets
If you've purchased your tickets at least 9 days prior to departure, we will
mail your ticket to you.

Alternatively, if you are departing from a station with a staffed and open
ticket office, you may pick up your ticket when you arrive at the station.
To find out if your departure station has a ticket office that is staffed
and open at the time of your departure, please find the station at our
'Stations' section, or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).

How to Get Additional Information
If you have any other questions, comments or suggestions, please contact the
Office of Amtrak Access by mail at:

OFFICE OF AMTRAK ACCESS - 2W
60 MASSACHUSETTS AVE NE
WASHINGTON, DC 20002