[Travelandtourism] Disabled Getting into National Parks Free

Linda Linda777 at insightbb.com
Thu Apr 29 20:32:04 UTC 2010

Hi Cindy,
I think we're getting a bit off topic here.  I don't know the answer to your
question about why the states let blind people get in free.  Personally I am
not the least offended by it.  I don't feel they are making me feel less of
a person.  Blind people have received other privileges that sighted people
don't have, like being able to earn much more than a person with another
disability when on Social Security Disability.  I think it was the NFB who
fought for that.  So, I don't know.  I do know that, in spite of the many
very successfully employed blind people, there are more blind people who
have difficulty getting employed.  My understanding is that there are more
who are not able to earn an income completely independent of some kind of
help than are.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Linda