[Travelandtourism] Sad News Today here in NY George Steinbrenner, owner of the Yankees passes away at 80

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:46:59 UTC 2010

Why am I posting this here, where we talk about travel and tourism.

Well here in New York.  We are all about sports, whether you are coming to
see our 2 Major League Baseball teams, the Yankees or the Mets, 2 minor
league baseball teams, basketball, football, horseracing, tennis, golf.  New
York has it all.

Whether or not you are a baseball fan, when you come to NY, you have to see
the new Stadium that George built.  He also changed the way of baseball.
Either you loved the man or hated him, he was a giant of our times.

I grew up in the Bronx, across from the old Yankee Stadium, the one that was
torn down 2 years ago, but my memories of it still is there.  The new
stadium is still as grand, but not the same thing as the Stadium that Babe
Ruth built, but comes very close.

When you come to NY to visit; come and take a tour of our stadiums when they
are not playing or come for a day in the ball park.  There is nothing like a
ballgame here in NY.

I give my hat and my heart out to the Steinbrenner family today.  Thank you
George, for the rifts with Billy Martin, and brining Reggie Jackson to NY.
To giving second chances to the likes of Daryl Strawberry when he was going
through his rough times.

To brining back the World Series to NY.  We are still the best baseball team
out there, the most wins, the most talked about that every will be.

We also lost Bob Sheppard this week, he was the Announcer of the Yankees at
Yankee Stadium from 1951 until his last game at the old stadium, the last
game ever at the stadium in 2008.  Bob was 99 years old

Good bye great men! We will miss you.

Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646

http://Echevarriatravel.com