[Travelandtourism] Guide dogs on beaches.

Deanna Lewis deannakay618 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 21:29:16 UTC 2010

Hi,
My name is Deanna and I have a 2 year old black lab guide dog. I have had him a year in May, and we are actually celebrating his anniversary by taking a trip. I am really considering the Outer Banks, NC. It seems very nice out there, and it's not too far of a drive for my Mom.
I have never taken my guide dog to the beach, so I really do not know what all I need to do to prepare. If anyone can help me out with suggestions or tips, that would be awesome. Some questions I do have are, is he allowed off harness for a while to be a regular dog? Can he get his paws wet? Do I need certain papers or anything? Let me know if you have some advice. Thanks!
Deanna and Pascal