[Travelandtourism] Guide dogs on beaches.

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:51:06 UTC 2010

Deanna:

Cheryl here.  I take Maxx every where when traveling with a guide dog rule
of thumb is make sure you have enough food, a bowl, brush, all the essential
things that you would use at home but on the road, I usually keep a bowl
just for travel in case I forget the one I am using at the place I am
visiting.  Maybe invest in a cheap folding bowl.  Make sure you have enough
food for at least an extra day you never know.  You do not need any
paperwork you may have your card from the guide dog school, when I take Maxx
off harness I always carry it with me, in case someone has questions.  Be
firm let them know just because the dog is not in harness doesn't mean he
isn't a guide dog.  Yes they can get there paws wet!  Take the dog to the
water.

Enjoy your trip with your dog, and always have some down time with the dog
as well.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
http://Echevarriatravel.com