[Travelandtourism] FYI competition out there

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:25:51 UTC 2010

The commercials out here are starting to show commercials like Liberty Travel specials or other Big Agencies in your areas, guess what I have the same prices in fact, If you purchase from me and your find it cheaper somewhere else I will take $20 off the price of your trip.

Hey that is not much you may say, well that can be 2 drinks on a cruise you just saved or maybe a dinner at one of the restaurants that have a cover charge.

Actually on a vacation $20 comes in handy.

Actually it isn't even the price, it is the knowledge and expertise and of course the customer service that is given.

Learning what is out there for the client and making the perfect match is hard to do, so when I ask someone where have you been before, or what do you like to do, or may I suggest, because what you would like may not be the right place for you.

Example:  I have a client of 4, 2 adult and 2 kinds under the age of 13.  They have never been on a cruise before, and they saw a great deal on a cruise ship lets just say XYZ Cruise lines over ABC because it was $100 more for ABC.

Well as an agent I have to know what the difference in the ships are.  There are many cruise lines out there like the top luxury liners which XYZ is that does not have amenities or activities for the kids, I mean if this is going to be a family vacation shouldn't the kids enjoy themselves also.

So, I tell the client XYZ is a wonderful cruise ship but you want to make this a family vacation and XYZ doesn't have the things that the whole family will enjoy in fact some ships if they do not have more then 20 kids on board there is nothing for them to do, meaning the ultra luxury liners or speciality ships.

The client appreciates my knowledge of ABC cruise lines and that it is going to the same places on the same date, but ABC has 4 age groups activities throughout the day and evening so each child can either hang out with those groups or hang with the other child or with mom and dad.  That extra $100 is worth the expense and the knowledge.

Anyone can sell a vacation, but not everyone will tell  you the difference or sell the client what will be advantageous to all.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
http://Echevarriatravel.com<http://echevarriatravel.com/>
1-866-580-5574