[Travelandtourism] What we are discussing and need your advice

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:23:59 UTC 2011

Hello all:

This past week during our board meeting, and hope in the future that you
will come and listen in, give advice, or just put you 2 cents in, you cannot
vote unless you are a paid member of the division but all are welcome to
join in.

Mary Donahue will have the minutes to me shortly to look them over and post
to our website and talk list.

First the website is a little behind, but we are looking to have it up and
running by the beginning of the New Year!

We are also discussing our meeting at the National Convention in Dallas, TX

The official dates of the Convention are, and I got this from Mrs. Jernigan
is from

Remember to book your deposit for the hotel will start after January 1, 2012

Here are the dates below:

2012 Convention (Hilton Anatole Hotel, Dallas, TX)

Fri, June 29, Travel Day

Sat, June 30, Setup/Seminar

Sun, July 1, Registration/Resolutions

Mon, July 2, Board Meeting/Div. Day

Tues, July 3, 1st Day General Session

Wed, July 4, General Session

Thur, July 5, General Session/Adjournment/Banquet

Because many of the Board Members belong to other Divisions, we will be
having our meeting on Registration Day.  Look for time and place in the
Braille Monitor.

We do hope you will join us.

We are working on potential guest speakers, if you know of anyone, or even
yourself about your travel experiences please let us know.

To join and you can join prior to the meeting is $10.00 a year.

We are also looking at the possibility of some kind of trip, since we are
the travel and tourism division, we would like to go on a group trip at
least once a year. To a different place, we also want to try and do it as a
fundraiser for our division, so if anyone has any ideas, we want to hear
them.  Here are the possible ideas: A Cruise, a trip to Walt Disney World,
maybe New York, possible Puerto Rico or the Caribbean, Canada.  Where would
you like to go, give some ideas.

Also at this year's convention, since we have officers that were appointed
to the division, so these people need to be officially voted in by the
membership. If you want to run.  The only position that is not up for
elections is myself (which is President) since I was voted in at the
Convention this past July, Board Members Anahit LaBarre, Jamel Powell and
Treasurer Milton Taylor, but depending on things the Treasurers position
might be available.

Appointed officers that need to be voted in and must be present at the
convention, also if anyone has an interest in running for any of these
positions can come and put your qualifications in or just interest in and be
voted in.

These position are

1st Vice President, Maurice Shackelford
2nd Vice President, April Scheppe
Secretary, Mary Donahue

Board Member Nelson Echevarria

Again, we need members to be a division, so come and have some fun, we do
when we get together and talk, put you input in.

Also, remember the biggest issues in the travel and tourism industry that
the NFB is working on is the Airlines. Let's make a push for this. Maurice
had posted the e-mail yesterday about how to submit a letter to the NFB so
that you can be heard.

I have also sent to my Lions Organization and they are writing up letters as
well.

As friends and families to help as well. They can use the template and
adjust to work with us in the fight.

Take care all.

Oh yes, look for day 3 of Trip to Walt Disney World coming soon.

Also, if you want, you can get a RSS feed from my blog or e-mail to get the
latest updated information on specials, stories, and anything else due to
Echevarria Travel.

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

For daily updates read our blog at
http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com