[Travelandtourism] Day 3 in Walt Disney World Continues andMickey's Magic Christmas Party

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Mon Dec 19 14:48:26 UTC 2011

Hi,
Okay, my little disclaimer, I have not been to Disney World yet. That being
said, doing my research and reading many comments on different Disney world
forums, you are better off with the early opening parks than you are with
the ones that stay open later. So, if you stay on property, and get the
extended hours, try to go to bed a little earlier the night before the park
has the earlier hours. The majority of people will stay out late at the park
that has the later hours. That means the next morning they will be sleeping
in later. I have heard that the parks that open early can be pretty dead and
you can go right on rides with no waits.

In general, this is what I have figured out. It is best to go when the park
opens, and go to the rides the furthest away. The majority of people start
with the first things they see. Go on the popular rides when there is
something going on, like a parade. The majority of people will be at the
parade so your wait is much less. If your doing a character breakfast or
something similar, get the latest, usually about 11:30 or so, it can be a
late breakfast and an early lunch. The places are less busy and you can
possibly get more interaction from the characters. Avoid the parks in the
afternoon. This is when they are the hottest and busiest. Do the same for
dinners, go at off peak times, like the 7:00 or so. You will be in the park
around the 5:00 time, when most people go eat, and you can eat dinner at a
less popular time. If you happen to be coming from a different time zone,
this is really no change, if you live in mountain time and eat at 5:00, that
would be 7:00 in FL.

But, it all depends on what you want out of your Disney World trip. People
going for 3 days are going to have a different mind set then those that stay
for 2 weeks.

Like I said, that is just some info I gathered while planning our trip, I
have not put any of it in to practice.

Michael