[Travelandtourism] Info. About Travel and Tourism

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:27:49 UTC 2011

Welcome Laurie:

The Division is basically starting from scratch. I am the President newly elected  Cheryl Echevarria, we have 1st Vice President, Maurice Shackelford, 2nd Vice President April Scheppe, Secretary Mary Donahue, and Treasurer Milton Taylor and 4 board members.

We meet at our National Convention in 2012 it will be Dallas, TX. But during the year, we will have board meetings to discuss items going on during the year, all are welcome to join.

The Division was created in 2004, the description of the Division

ARTICLE II - PURPOSE

The purpose of this organization is to serve as a division of the National Federation of the Blind; to be a vehicle for collective action by the blind of the nation; to function as a mechanism through which the blind and interested sighted persons can come together to plan and carry out programs to improve the quality of life for the blind; to promote the vocational, cultural, and social advancement of the blind; to achieve the integration of the blind into society on a basis of equality with the sighted; to focus attention upon the problems faced by blind people in the travel and tourism industry; and to take any other action which will improve the overall condition and standard of living of the blind.

I am a travel agent and so is Maurice Shackelford, we own our own business.

We are here to encourage blind people to be more independent and to educate on travel, plus also help and assist in issues pertain to the blind traveler with the NFB in cases such as the in accessibility of Las Vegas, McCarran Airport, and in accessible websites for airlines, and anything in between.

We will be holding our first board meeting August 21st, which is a Sunday, to discuss our website, our board members, ideas in fundraising for the division and to possible do one travel trip a year, those are the ideas I like to bring to the table plus some other ideas as well, I hope my officers are thinking about what they would like to do with the division as well.

If you would like to become a member of the division Laurie it is $10.00 a year to join, but to be on the list there is no fee, to vote and to be heard on the board calls, you must be a paid member.

I am also now the moderator of the talk list.

so enjoy and at

http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.