[Travelandtourism] 5 Things Not To Do On Your First Cruise!

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:07:32 UTC 2011

Story from Cruise Critic and also my input as well.

1. Don't overdo it your first day onboard. Most mainstream cruise ships are
bigger than you think -- even if they're not among the largest afloat. Most
modern ships are composed of deck upon deck of cabins and public spaces and
can accommodate thousands of people. The last thing you want to do is wear
yourself out trying to unearth every nook and cranny of the ship before your
vacation is really even underway. It's easy to want to see and do it all on
the first day -- but avoid the temptation.

2. Don't try to eat at every specialty restaurant. Most major cruise lines
have made a habit of building multiple for-fee specialty restaurants into
newer ships, and while these restaurants can be fantastic, you could end up
shelling out a fistful of cash by the time your cruise commences. Plus, you
risk missing some of the special items found in the ship's main dining room.
Like Seafood and Lobster Night.

3. Don't stay in your cabin for hours at a time. While a few short naps are
nice (especially if you have a balcony to veg on), if you spend too long of
a stretch in your cabin, you're sure to miss out on some fun onboard
activities. It took me a couple days to realize that I was missing things
like movies on the big screen, trivia sessions and game shows When cruising,
there's something going on every hour of the day, and the only way you're
going to have the best time possible is to venture out of your cabin and get
involved.

4. Don't think you're too cool to participate in corny cruise activities.
Sure you can sit in your cabin all day or loaf about on the pool deck, but
the real fun comes when you dip your toe in the cheesy cruise waters. I will
sing karaoke and bingo,  but I have all the extra fun and games that even
playing spectator at some of these events resulted in gut-busting good
times. And don't forget, cruising's much better when you meet new people --
and these cruise-line organized activities are the best way to do so.

5. Don't forget to be nice to the crew. These guys work hard for your
enjoyment. Remember to smile at them and thank them for their hard work. You'll
be rewarded with personalized service and great conversation. It was awesome
to have crew members addressing me by name and stopping in the halls to chat
me up at every turn. Be sure to set the right tone from the beginning, and
your effort will surely be reflected in your experience

Please don't forget Echevarria Travel for you next cruise and any vacation.
Call 631-456-5394

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.