[Travelandtourism] Board Meeting of the Travel and Tourism Division Septr 27, 2011 and people who were at Convention

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:18:20 UTC 2011

This is a reminder to all that Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 at 8pm Eastern,
7PM Central, 6PM Mountain and 5pm Pacific time will be held.

Please all board members to be there and be prompt. We have work to be done.

Instructions for call in on the 27th.

To call into the meeting dial: 1-805-360-1000 and put in when prompted
871517#

I will try and remember to record it as well on my end so we have the audio
for the website.

Mary Donahue, Secretary, will also be going over and taking our minutes.

Remember we are asking for ideas of a Slogan for our Division a number were
offered.

So far from what I have gotten here is what we are liking but remember we
need to hear from Division as well.

This will be talked about at our Board Meeting on Tuesday.

Leading the way in Accessible and Independent Travel, Changing What It Means
to Be Blind!

If you are not attending membership, we still need to hear from you.

We are also going to be going over what we discussed on that last meeting
and following up.

Ideas for Convention 2012, Fundraiser ideas for the Division; traveling as a
division to different locations ourselves for fund and for advocacy. So if
we want to change the way things are done on cruise ships, disney world, ski
resorts, all inclusive resorts, etc. We need to get out there and show them.
We need to be at the airports and telling them what we need. and much more.

It is nice to have a board, but we need members to work with us as well.

I also posted last month to the membership and to the board the topic

WHAT IS THE TRAVEL AND TOURISM DIVISION?

This I want to hear from all.  Some people have no idea what it is, we want
to know what it means to you. To get more members I want to put this article
in the Braille Monitor. So I want to write up something with your ideas in
mind.  Some people think, well that is just for travel agents and not us. Or
some people think, we I don't travel why should I be involved.

I want to get this in either in the December or January Editions to late for
the November one.  This was also a topic of discussion at our last board
meeting. I know we are all busy out there with other issues, but we need to
work on this as well.
Also, if you were at the Convention meeting please come, I have been trying
to reach many of you, I don't have phone numbers or e-mails.

See you on Tuesday.

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.