[Travelandtourism] Regulation Room

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:01:51 UTC 2011

Dear Ms. Newhart:

Thank you for getting back to me on this issue.

As you have mentioned, it will deter others from posting to the website, and
yourself mentioning that you are aware of the NFB Nonvisual Accessibility
Web Certification because this effects us the blind and visually impaired;
and any other disability that would prevent them from using these kiosks at
the airport, or purchasing air travel on there websites.

Not only am I a consumer of air travel, but I own my own business, where I
can even off assistance to my clients, when it comes to these matters.

Being the newly elected President of the Travel and Tourism Division, I can
give my advice to my division, plus the NFB as a whole, direction on where
to go on for the help in reference to the travel industry, but at the same
time; we have these issues stopping us for being more and more independent.

I would suggest that you first contact the NFB Home Office in Baltimore at
Phone: 410-659-9314 and ask for help with getting your website accessible.
There may only be some issues there  to help run it in time for the 60 day
cut off period.

Once you get in touch with them, then maybe we can have a conference call
with all involved.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Echevarria, President