[Travelandtourism] passports

Rakesh Chand chand at connect.com.fj
Mon Apr 9 07:35:57 UTC 2012

Wishing U & yor son, Safe trip Julie,

Happy Easter!

Rakesh

-----Original Message-----
From: travelandtourism-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:travelandtourism-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Julie J.
Sent: Monday, 9 April 2012 9:15 a.m.
To: NFB Travel and Tourism Division List
Subject: Re: [Travelandtourism] passports

Reese,

Yes, thank you!  I had checked this out and even called Alaska Air to double
check.  then my Dad says no I need a passport and I'm second guessing my
information.  I'll tell my parents that I've checked with a travel agent so
they will stop bugging me about it.

There for a bit I was really worried, wondering how I was going to get
passports for both of us in like 7 weeks. I'll sleep more peacefully knowing
we are not going to be stuck in an airport somewhere!

Julie

On 4/8/2012 4:01 PM, Reese wrote:
> Hi Julie:
>
> No you do not need a passport unless your departing or return flights
> have a lay over in Canada which it sounds like you don't.  Not sure
> what the story was with your fathers friend however.  Take care and hope
this helps.

> Reese
>
> ----- Original Message ----- I'm hoping that someone on the list can
> clear up a passport question for me. I'm planning on a trip to Alaska
> with my teenage son in early
> June.   We are flying from Nebraska to Denver and then to Anchorage.  We
> are at no point entering Canada by land or sea.  I checked on the
> necessity of passports and read from several sources that have clearly
> stated that I do not need a passport.  My understanding is that this
> trip is no different than traveling from any other state to state in
> the U.S.  then my father was telling me that a friend of his went to
> Alaska by plane transferring in Seattle and they all needed passports.
>
> So do I need a passport?  And if so  how can I get it in time?  I'm
> very concerned about this and would appreciate your help.
> Julie

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/travelandtourism_nfbnet.org/julielj%
> 40neb.rr.com

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/travelandtourism_nfbnet.org/chand%40connec