[Travelandtourism] Breaking News! Norwegian Getaway will sail from Miami year-round

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Wed Apr 18 21:45:32 UTC 2012

Hello Reese and everyone,

	Thank you for posting this information.

Mary Donahue

-----Original Message-----
From: travelandtourism-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:travelandtourism-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Reese
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:25 AM
To: NFB Travel and Tourism Division List
Subject: [Travelandtourism] Breaking News! Norwegian Getaway will sail from
Miami year-round

Announcing Norwegian Getaway's Home Port Norwegian Cruise Line would like to
announce that our new state-of-the-art
4,000 passenger ship, Norwegian Getaway, will make Miami her year-round home
port. Norwegian Getaway - which will be the largest ship ever to home port
year-round in Miami - will embark on weekly cruises beginning in the spring
of 2014. Miami-Dade County officials joined Norwegian Cruise Line Chief
Executive Officer Kevin Sheehan today at PortMiami on board Norwegian Spirit
for this announcement.

Norwegian Cruise Line was the first cruise brand to sail from Miami.
"Miami has been the home of this Company since our beginning in 1966.
Therefore, we are so excited to bring one of our two new Breakaway-class
ships here to Miami to homeport year-round," said Norwegian Cruise Line
Chief Executive Officer Kevin Sheehan. "Norwegian Getaway will embrace all
that the Magic City has to offer and will offer an extraordinary cruise
experience to the more than 4,000 guests who will sail on her each week
beginning in spring 2014."

Miami-Dade County Commissioner Rebeca Sosa, joined County Commission
Chairman Joe A. Martinez in welcoming this new vessel to South Florida.

Norwegian Cruise Line has been sailing its ships from PortMiami longer than
any other cruise brand, since our company's origins in 1966. We currently
have three ships sailing seasonally from Miami, including Norwegian
Epic.Norwegian Sky has been sailing three and four-day itineraries to the
Bahamas year-round from Miami since 2007.

Being built at Meyer Werft in Germany, Norwegian Getaway will be 144,000
gross tons and is scheduled for delivery in spring 2014.We will announce the
ship's inaugural itineraries and on-sale dates later this year.Norwegian
Getaway's sister ship, Norwegian Breakaway, will begin sailing from her
year-round home port of New York City in May 2013.