[Travelandtourism] Members of the division would you like to go into the travel profession, you can reach out to me Cheryl Echevarria, President of our Division

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 19:51:41 UTC 2012

Good morning all:
As stated in our updated purpose of the division, we are also a way for you to possibly get into the travel profession.
I don't want to sell like I am pitching something without giving you all the details.
I have also been asked to come to the Merchant Blast in Indianapolis in May, by Kevan Worley and Nick Gacos of the Merchant Division to speak about being a Travel Agent Business owner, and will be doing a presentation about how to become a travel agent and what is needed, etc.

For those who are interested in doing what I do, there is a way of becoming a home based travel professional as an Independent Contractor, which I am.
You can come and work with me as a sub-agent.
What is a sub-agent?An travel agent that works under an existing agency such as Echevarria Travel.
If you are interested in doing so, you can contact me off list at 631-456-5394, not the home number 631-236-5138.
What kind of qualifications do you need, well you need a computer and know how to use all the microsoft program, such as word, excel, possibly power point?
Have great customer service, know some geography, willingness to travel a lot of independent travel.
You need a phone of course.
And want to be your own boss, which you will be, even though you are working with me.
What you will get training not only from me, but from the suppliers, you also can earn either reduced travel or free travel, work on issues that face the blind with knowing who is who and who to talk to.
My dream would be something of Liberty Travel, have agents, accountants, lawyers, etc. Anything that has to do with running a business. Just baby  steps right now.
So if you are looking to go into this for more than one reason, learn the business first, and move up.
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel & Tourism

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.