[Travelandtourism] updates about Disney Cruise Lines for 2012

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:21:50 UTC 2012

Good morning all:
Wednesday, I had one of my travel agent association meetings, and we had a trade show with a number of the representatives here on Long Island that serves the travel agents here.  This is a good reason to join some of these organizations once you decide to become a travel agent.
You come face to face with the suppliers, and not just e-mails and on the phone. They start to know who you are as well.
Anyway, since we are being Disney Fans, and I will be posting as well about some suppliers that are new to myself, since there are many suppliers for where ever in the world you want to go to.
But Wednesday night was for the Cruise Lines, in February it will be our suppliers for Italy. Yummy yummy, can't wait to see what they have for dinner for us.
Anyway,  the Disney Rep, who does  everything with Disney and not just the cruise lines, which by the way I am a college of knowledge graduate, which is a certificate course Disney offers its travel agents, to learn all the products.  I have a Mickey Ears Cap with Tassels on my desk, and all the certificates on my wall.
Nelson, gets all misty eyed when I work so hard to get these.
Anyway, getting back to Disney Cruise Lines.
1.  The Brand New Disney Fantasy will be arriving in the US on schedule to Arrive first in NY for one day, unfortunately, I will not be able to go on her, only because our rep had a limited amount of tickets, like 5, got to remember there are many travel partners out there, but I am hoping that Nelson will take me into the city, to take a look at her and take pictures.  With the new Disney Fantasy, with every paying guest, you also get one ticket to Walt Disney World included with this, so you have an excursion to Walt Disney World already in the price for you.
She is the sister ship to the Disney Dream, that was christened last year, and the god mother of that ship is Jennifer Hudson, each ship has a god mother, Norwegian Epic is Reba McEntire, etc. Here is information from the Disney website.
 A pool deck bar has been replaced by the AquaLab, an interactive splash park that squirts or drenches kids. There are two, 10-foot-long “leaky walls”; as a kid covers the water squirting from one hole, another gushes. • The bars in the adults-only lounge area, Europa, will be set up in a hub-and-spoke fashion. At the center will be a circular entry bar whose lighting will evoke a carousel’s motion. The four themed bars will be slightly larger than the bars in the District, the adults’ entertainment area on the Dream. • In the Animator’s Palate dining room, diners will be given placemats bearing the outline of a human figure. Each diner creates a sketch within this outline. The placemats are collected and scanned, and a computer places three of the figures in a clever animation that matches them to Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Pinocchio and others. In unison, they march and dance on the dining room monitors. Each of the nine dining room areas sees only the amateur sketches created by its diners.
The theme of this is that they have Dumbo as the mascot, and they have a huge one on the ship.  They Also have Aquaduck, which is a enclosed waterslide.
2.  The Disney Magic is heading to NY, starting in May 2012 right now through September 2012, no word yet on keeping her up here longer but they are working on it, offering 2 night cruises, 5 and 8 day cruises, and they are almost all sold out.
New York is becoming a big deal for cruising, the cruise lines are taking note of the economy and the airline industry as well.  Also, where else can you sail out of the best city in the World, sail past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and see the sunset when sailing away or when arriving back into New York City, see that famous skyline.
We will keep you up to date on these and more.
Should you want a DVD or a brochure on these cruises or on Walt Disney World, just let me know and it will be in the mail to you.
Have a great day

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

For daily updates read our blog at
http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com