[Travelandtourism] Tuktoyaktuk

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 19:21:45 UTC 2012

Hello Cheryl and everyone,

    That spelling is correct. It's a small town in the extreme northern part
of Canada's Northwest Territory. If you go further north you'll end up in
the Arctic Ocean.

    I first heard of Tuktoyaktuk from Canada's premier country singer
Stompin Tom Conners. We have a number of his songs including one called
Mukluk Shoo, (Pronounced Muck-Luk_Shoo.) It's a dance done by the people of
Tuktoyaktuk and anywhere else where physical activity is necessary to keep
warm. All the best.

Peter Donahue