[Travelandtourism] Costa Cruises Updates blaming or making excuses

Vicki Ratcliffe vratcliffe01 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 16:07:55 UTC 2012

     I don't like any excuse that anyone is making about what happened to
this particular cruise.  Several people have lost their lives and truefully,
if the captain had not ordered the ship to go nearer to shore, this event
would not have happened.

     The other thing that concerns me is that the drill was going to be done
on the Saturday rather than before the cruise set sail.  I have taken at
least ten cruises on various lines including Holland America, Carnival,
Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Celebrity and on every cruise, we always had
the lifeboat drill before sailing.  The drill always happens when things are
calm and everyone, including staff, knows where to go and I certainly
understand why the passengers paniked since staff did not know what to do
and did not guide them.

     The whole thing is so sad because it could have been prevented.

Vicki